Mini Apple Pie Cookies
- 1 Box of frozen Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 sheets per box)
- Approx. 1 Can of Apple Pie Filling
- Approx. 1 Cup of Caramel Sauce
- 1 Egg for the egg-wash
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Nutmeg
- Flour just for sprinkling
- Unroll one of the pie crusts and lay it out on your surface.
- Spread the Caramel Sauce over the pie crust leaving about ⅛” of an edge
- Coarsely chop the apples in the pie filling, then spread on top of the caramel sauce.
- Unroll the 2nd pie crust and cut into strips. I used a wavy edged pastry cutter.
- Layer the pie crust strips over the apple filling in a lattice formation.
- Taking a round cookie cutter, cut your cookies and lay on your cookie sheet.
- Beat your egg and with a pastry brush then brush the egg over the top of the lattice pastry strips.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and some nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 or until golden brown.
Depending on the size of your round cookie cutter, this recipe makes between 6-9 cookies.
I found this wonderful recipe online at a website called, “Made from Pinterest” …. Yummy!!!!